Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Intros and Interests!

7291510658?profile=originalClick the CONTINUE button below to introduce yourself and begin our first discussion. Please include the following information:

Name
School or Teaching Setting
Age Level of Students
Subjects you teach or academic support you provide:

Please read over the following questions and respond to the question or questions that most appeal to your interests. Feel free to add any additional thoughts that come to mind concerning classroom uses of primary sources!

Do you have a specific time period of history or topic area that you are most interested in exploring in this class? If so, please share your interests. (Remember, you don't have to answer all these questions, just read them all, then chose one or more that 'speak' to you.)

Do you have creative teaching practices you wish to share using primary sources?

Are you interested in using primary sources as the main focus of lessons or as supplementary to classroom teaching?

Do you have a classroom preference for a particular type of primary source documents e.g. documents, photography, maps?

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our first discussion. I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Neva Reece

You need to be a member of Alaska Council for the Social Studies to add comments!

Join Alaska Council for the Social Studies

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi my name is Amanda Berger and I teach preschool at the Alaska Native Cultural Charter School, I use to be a middle school teacher and one of the subjects I taught was Social Studies.  In preschool, students are always asking interest related questions, this year it was more about locations and geography.  It will be nice to have additional resources to show them.

This reply was deleted.