Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Parking Lot

If you have a question, comment or suggestion that doesn't fit neatly in any of the other discussion forums in our AHD2 Group room, HERE is the place to share it with us...

Don't be shy!

You need to be a member of Alaska Council for the Social Studies to add comments!

Join Alaska Council for the Social Studies

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great article, Karen! Thanks for sharing it. I made a PDF of it and am attaching it so people can read it off line if they want...

What Does It Mean to Think Historically.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/7314557889?profile=original
  • Here is a link to an essay on the 5 Cs of History:

http://www.historians.org/perspectives/issues/2007/0701/0701tea2.cfm

Change over time, Contingency, Causality, Context, and Complexity
  • NO one is so far behind yet that they are in danger of not being able to participate in our community productively and successfully. Breaking the ice and establishing a rhythm is the hardest part. It gets easier when that is done!

Please feel free to call me any time, week or weekend. My CELL number is 907.441.1186 and I'd be happy to help people sort out any questions or concerns they might have...
    A Participant said:
    I worry I am falling too far behind, and I was wondering if I could call around lunch time today just to recap and figure out how I can get back on track this weekend.

Parking Lot
    If you have a question, comment or suggestion that doesn't fit neatly in any of the other discussion forums in our AHD2 Group room, HERE is the place…
  • I'm going to post a couple of the messages I've received from random folks so that all of you can see that you aren't alone in your questions and concerns. :-) So this is an invitation to put your questions here instead of messaging me. All will indeed benefit from the answers and we can learn together.

I have not been using our a-syncronous time as well as I could be. I may need to ask a few questions to get up to speed (again). I looked over the rubric and see the inquiry method very much embedded into it. I see the pieces of the puzzle, but am not seeing the big picture yet.

So far I have really enjoyed this class, although I must be honest, I have not comitted as much time as I would have liked. I plan to change that pattern.

I worry I am falling too far behind, and I was wondering if I could call around lunch time today just to recap and figure out how I can get back on track this weekend.

I am enjoying this course. Your directions are concise and easy to follow. I have always wanted to get to the point of having a website that my students and their parents could access and this class is teaching me a lot!!

I think I missed the Burning Question assignment.

Thanks for your note. I'm trying to get everything connected. However, I only get internet connection at school, and the server blocks out the discussion forum. We have a district meeting next week, and I will ask the tech person to lift the block. I am planning on working on it for a few hours today to see what I can get done myself (I'm not very 'tech savvy'- it often takes me a lot longer to get things done. Thanks :)

ANOTHER TASK: click FOLLOW at the bottom of this screen so you don't get left out of the conversation!
This reply was deleted.