Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Introductions

Welcome to the class! 

Please take a few minutes and introduce yourselves to your instructors and your fellow participants. 

We'd like to know your name, what and where you teach, what interested you in this course or topic, and something about yourself that will help us make a connection or remember you better. 

Thanks!

You need to be a member of Alaska Council for the Social Studies to add comments!

Join Alaska Council for the Social Studies

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, My name is Patricia Ahrens and I teach Fourth Grade Spanish Class at Government Hill Elementary. I was born in Bogotá-Colombia and I came to the States 7 years ago. I would like to learn about the constitution and I'm really interested about the evolving role of women in the evolution of the constitution overtime. Gracias and I'm looking forward to a great class. :)

• Hello,

My name is Dave Bisegger.  I teach at South Anchorage where I currently have Economics and Alaska Studies courses.  I have a passion for all things political both as history and current events.  

Saturday is an important day--I am a Packer fan.

• Hi, My name is Kristi Nielsen and I teach Kindergarten at Ptarmigan Elementary. My good friend Susan Malacha took a similar course last semester and just raved about it. I love history and I would love to learn how to infuse more of it within my classroom. Also, both my Dad and Brother were teachers with a major in History and I always felt a little out of it when it came to US History discussions. Taking this course might just be thing to help me hold my own during future conversations with them. :)

This reply was deleted.