Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Replies

• 1. I liked the mapping activity and the pictures. I see those as really useful and exciting activities to use in the classroom. The LOC is a little overwhelming, but I have found many interesting resources.

2. I can use all of this in my classroom- all the activities would apply to my grade level. I would just need to find the right time period. I really enjoyed the multi-colored sticky note idea for different questions.

3. I would like to have more time to work on my ARS. I need to bring my computer because I couldn't watch films/play music on my iPad.
  • I liked the activities that were used, especially putting the map together and listening to the President's speech after Pearl Harbor.  I liked the modeling of how to use these activities with students.  Using the K-W-L charting is useful.  I think I would use the map activity in my younger grades but I would have to modify it to include a more basic map.  For example I would use the activity to just teach the seven continents and have students work together in putting a global map together.  For tomorrow I would like to see some more ideas on how to search.  I'm having trouble with searching for Elvis Presley resources which is shocking to me since he is so prevalent in history.

This reply was deleted.