Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Replies

• The ARS would be a great organizational tool for students to keep notes with.  Even if it means printing out the form and having students complete as much as they can and then doing a drawing to represent the image, it can be a very useful tool.  I can see students in my social studies classes taking a topic and finding images that will help them represent the concept and using that as a study tool or a way of note taking for presentations.

From the note taking students will be able to analyze and question the function of the images or concepts and draw their own conclusions.

• I like the idea of creating powerpoints for my students to use. This year with every unit we do we have been creating class books to use for upcoming years and for resources this year. Although our ARS is not necessarily digital we use pictures and student writing to create our own resource book. I will continue to use these because I think they teach language and are great for my students to go back and look at.

• The images say so much. Students can relate with things they can see.  I really enjoyed the PowerPoints showing changes in technology over time, comparing before and after.  Using music and poetry personalizes and adds passion for the topic at hand.

This reply was deleted.