Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

Parking Lot

If you have a question, comment or suggestion that doesn't fit neatly in any of the other discussion forums in our AHD2 Group room, HERE is the place to share it with us...

Don't be shy!

You need to be a member of Alaska Council for the Social Studies to add comments!

Join Alaska Council for the Social Studies

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It looks as though our comments are ending up on google - I recently googled my name and was surprised to find some of my postings housed there.  Is there a way to not allow this to happen?

-Vicky

by the way I loved the video podcast format.

• Thank you. I thought it had to be in the LCP folder as well, since it is their finished project. I guess I can print it off as well and upload it that way, but then it's not quite interactive...

John Trampush said:

The link has to be embedded in some wiki page.  So I put it where you talk about it at the bottom of the Burning Question section of your 2nd Inquiry Project homepage...

Karen Michele Beranek said:

I seem to have destroyed the links to my Learning Cycle products or my portfolio--when I click on my anuah portfolio on my wiki page, it just refreshes. All that aside, my Product is an interactive poem on a wiki page. It's a link. How do I load that into my LCP folder?

Karen Beranek

wikified

http://wiki.bssd.org/index.php/Interactive_Poem:_Langston_Hughes%27...

Parking Lot
    If you have a question, comment or suggestion that doesn't fit neatly in any of the other discussion forums in our AHD2 Group room, HERE is the place…
  • The link has to be embedded in some wiki page.  So I put it where you talk about it at the bottom of the Burning Question section of your 2nd Inquiry Project homepage...

I seem to have destroyed the links to my Learning Cycle products or my portfolio--when I click on my anuah portfolio on my wiki page, it just refreshes. All that aside, my Product is an interactive poem on a wiki page. It's a link. How do I load that into my LCP folder?

Karen Beranek

wikified

• I seem to have destroyed the links to my Learning Cycle products or my portfolio--when I click on my anuah portfolio on my wiki page, it just refreshes. All that aside, my Product is an interactive poem on a wiki page. It's a link. How do I load that into my LCP folder?

Karen Beranek

wikified

• I agree Mark. And most people who move up to Alaska can relate to that experience...

Mark J Biberg said:
    ......there was something very personal in leaving ones home to look for a new life.

Thanks for sharing.

MB
    Parking Lot
    If you have a question, comment or suggestion that doesn't fit neatly in any of the other discussion forums in our AHD2 Group room, HERE is the place…
  • I think many comparisons could be made between the various migrations during the Great Depression to some of the migrations that took place during the Great Migration. One of the strongest could be the economic pull factor: people were leaving the South to find work, opportunity, or something better; and in the Great Depression, people left depressed areas like the midwest or Dust Bowl to search for something better, often out west. There is also the strong existential feeling with these migrations as well: folks sought meaning in their lives after undergoing something tramautic, and that was often expressed in music (Jazz. Blues), poetry (Langston Hughes) and other forms......there was something very personal in leaving ones home to look for a new life.

Thanks for sharing.

MB
  • Wow. Great article! Thanks!
  • This article appeared in the New Yorker a few months ago. At the time it caught my eye as one of my history classes was studying the WPA and the PWAP and the FSA etc. in FDR's New Deal programs for artists. I loved the line, "I'm in New York, but New York ain't in me!" Rather a telling image of the African American youngsters lining up to see a movie of whites--where is their reality?

I thought this might be an easier introduction to the Great Migration for some. Priming the pump, so to speak.

I hope it is attached...

The Great Migration and Isabel Wilkerson book review : The New York...

• Too funny...

Our recent class discussion about appropriating cultural stereotypes and images for advertisement leads me to post this:

Lakota Spoof

Original advertisement
    Parking Lot
  • Our recent class discussion about appropriating cultural stereotypes and images for advertisement leads me to post this:

Lakota Spoof

Original advertisement
This reply was deleted.