Welcome to the AK-CSS Members Forum! Please sign up to join the discussions.

BLOG 1: 21ST CENT HIST INQ SYNTHESIS DUE 10/24

LEARNING TARGET 1:  Participants will examine Common Core Social Studies/History writing standards by writing to analyze, synthesize, and reflect.   Assessment will be based on these standards.  

LEARNING TARGET 2:   Participants will examine how using 21st century tools can potentially enhance historical inquiry.  

LEARNING TARGET 3:  Participants will write and publish in a public, digital venue in order to build a highly participatory, collaborative inquiry community.  In addition, participants will examine technology's capacity to amplify community and display knowledge creation flexibly and dynamically.  

ASSESSMENT STANDARDS:

7291509081?profile=original

7291509276?profile=original

ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS:

Write a 500-600 word synthesis analysis in which you reflect upon the 3 video texts below and their significance both for historical inquiry and also for the teaching of historical inquiry within your classroom.  Post this synthesis analysis to your Blog on your My Page by midnight, Monday, October 24, 2011.  Use the learning targets and standards listed above to help frame your writing.  

7291509292?profile=original

7291509856?profile=original

7291509873?profile=original

You need to be a member of Alaska Council for the Social Studies to add comments!

Join Alaska Council for the Social Studies

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks for those thoughtful video podcasts!

• ALERT:  DO NOT POST YOUR ASSIGNMENT IN THIS SPACE.  POST THIS ASSIGNMENT ON YOUR MY PAGE-Blog Space.  
This reply was deleted.